We know very well the enormous benefits our cruises have brought to our passengers in the past. As yet there remains significant uncertainty about how we might operate in 2021. The vast majority of our crews and passengers fall within the groups most at risk from Covid-19. We continue to monitor developments of the Covid-19 and will update you as our situation becomes clearer.
About Waveney Stardust
WAVENEY STARDUST WELCOMES YOU – 2021 IS OUR 29th CRUISING SEASON!
Waveney Stardust was formed in 1988. It has always been run entirely by volunteers. The Directors, administration and boat crews provide their time to enable us to meet our missions:
To provide safe, subsidised and enjoyable river cruises for anyone who would otherwise have difficulty undertaking a boat trip on The Broads.
Safety above all
Fundamental to our mission is the safety of our passengers. We carry out regular reviews of our Risk Assessment which we use to put in place processes and procedures which aim to prevent accidents. The crew are trained, and all boat equipment including fire safety appliances, gas and electrical fittings are regularly checked. All certification relating to insurances, licences and safety are available for inspection on this website here or by prior arrangement.
More than 70,000 passengers since 1988
Over 92,000 miles
Up to 12 passengers per trip
Qualified skipper and crew on every trip
Comfortable cruising whatever the weather
Moorings and boats are wheelchair friendly
The whole team are volunteers
Waveney Stardust was awarded the Queen’s award for voluntary service in 2007 and was also represented at a charities reception at Buckingham Palace in 2008.
To help maintain the operating costs at an affordable rate, donations and grants are most welcome.
- The organisation was founded in 1988 to promote cruising facilities for the disabled.
- “Waveney Stardust” (42ft) was launched on 31st July 1992.
- Waveney Stardust was awarded The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service
- “Waveney Stardust II” (45ft 9ins) was launched on 30th October 2011 and came into service in April 2012, providing better viewing for passengers in wheelchairs.
- On 13th June 2012 Waveney Stardust, the charity was incorporated and became Waveney Stardust Trust Ltd.
- Each year we carry out 200-250 trips, carrying over 2,000 passengers each year.
- During the history of the charity we have travelled nearly 100,000 miles on the Broadland Waterways. The majority of our passengerswould not have had the opportunity to experience the waterways without a cruiser that was designed especially for their easy access and comfort aboard.
Waveney Stardust Trust Ltd. is very grateful for the support of the following Patrons and Vice Patrons who help us continue our services on the Broadland Waters and maintain the Stardust Cruisers:
Lady Edward FitzRoy
Sir Nicholas Bacon, Bt
Sir Laurence & Lady Magnus
Sir Rupert & Lady Mann
RTT Bramley, LLB FRICS JP
The Viscountess Knollys OBE, DL – Bob Blizzard, Esq – The Rt Revd The Bishop of Lynn – The Rt Revd Graham James, Bishop of Norwich – Lady Burton, MBE – The Rt Hon The Earl of Romney – Sir Jocelyn Buxton, Bt – His Honour Judge Paul Downes – Dame Elizabeth Esteve-Coll, DBE – Alastair Forsyth, Esq – The Lord Framlingham – The Bishop of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich – The Rt Hon Lord MacGregor of Pulham Market, OBE – Major Sir Fergus Matheson of Matheson, Bt – Raymond Monbiot, CBE – Richard W Jewson, Esq, JP – The Rt Hon Lord Ryder of Wensum, OBE PC – Major Christopher Robinson – The Rt Hon The Baroness Shephard of Northwold, PC, JP, DL – Dr Douglas Seaton, MD FRCP – Major General Patrick Stone, CB CBE – Sir Conrad Swan, KCVO KGCN PhD LLD FSA – The Lord Walpole – Sir Christopher White, CVO FBA – Peter Wilson, Esq, MBE, DL – The Rt Hon The Lord Deben – The Rt Hon The Lord Wraxall, KCVO CMG – Sir Philip Dowson, CBE, PPRA – Sir Henry Bedingfeld Bt, Norroy and Ulster King of Arms – Sir Christopher White, CVO FBA – Sam Wilson, Esq, DL – Philip Curl, Esq – Kenneth Williams, Esq, CVO, CBE, QPM – Jonathan Barclay, Esq – The Lord Darling – The Rt. Hon the Lord Stevenson of Coddenham, Michale Napier, Esq. CBE, QC – Sir Michael Harrison Bt JP